Yes .... we are designing the new white La Roncaglia and we want to do it together with you.
As you know, we have thought for a long time about which new denomination to include in our range of special wines, and now we want to think about a vinification and aging process that allows Viognier to release all its great aromatic sumptuousness.
At the moment, the idea we are working on is based on these steps:
- Harvest after summer thinning
- Cold maceration at about 7/8 C ° for 12 hours and further selection
- Soft pressing and cold decanting
- Alcoholic fermentation in new 400-liter French oak tonneaux for 10 days at a temperature of 17 ° / 18 °
- Malolactic fermentation and batonnage on the yeasts
- Aging of 6-8 months on the lees in the same tonneaux
- Bottling around the month of June
- Refinement in bottle for 6-8 months
What do you think? We expect a wine of great structure, harmonious and persistent, with an intense and fine aroma …… a wine for long aging!